05 August, 2014

What Do You See?

If all you see is a pretty girl,
Walk the fuck away.
If you don't want to see my world,
Just get out of my face.
There's so much more to me than beauty!
There's a part of me that burns.
Deep inside I want for plenty -
Always something for which I yearn.
My arms are always stretched out wide,
To take in more and more.
So many things that make me smile,
And warm me to my core.
I'd never give up how I feel,
Although sometimes it hurts.
There is always time to heal -
Pain only comes in spurts.
I crave the bite of the fire,
Far more than the cold of the dark.
The flame takes me higher and higher,
And strengthens all my scars.
If the sting of the coals excites you,
Come on, take my hand.
I love a challenge, that's the truth -
Let me show you my land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!