21 August, 2015

building blocks

There's been something missing from
the words I mean to leave my tongue.
I can't say what I mean to say;
perhaps it's 'cause I am afraid.
Afraid of what, I am not sure.
That's something that I must explore:
Fear of rejection? Fear of loss?
Worry that I'll just be tossed?
Unsure of whether I'll be heard,
or maybe that I'll make you bored.
Logically I know that's false,
but in my head there is a brawl
between the conscious and the Id;
that primitive piece I hold within.
When I sit down just to think,
I know I must connect these things,
to find an answer, find some truth!
Really, what is there to lose?
The only thing I have's to grow,
find within myself what's still unknown.
The building blocks that make me whole,
I'll stack patiently, each one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!