11 February, 2016

catch me

falling, drifting, tumbling down,
twirling round and round and round
inside my head I cannot see
the true meaning of anything.
I reach out for some hold to grasp
even if it means I'll crash -
but suddenly I find I've stopped
comfortably; I will not drop.
around I look and touch; distressed
I realize I'm within my nest -
my chest is full of breath again!
my head's no longer filled with sand
so when my lids, I open, pry,
I see your eyes, the bluest sky
which lift me, calm me, wrap me up,
remind me there's a thing called trust.
the hollow terror in my heart
is filled now with a warmth, a spark,
a cleansing flood; intimacy
tucks me away deep in its folds
safe away now from the cold,
and now I'm certain; now I know:
you always catch me when I fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!