07 April, 2015

Fairy Tales

I want to be appreciated for
Things I appreciate about myself.
Please don't contradict me
Or try to stow me on a shelf.
I want those who see within me
To see what I see within myself.
If I'm stronger than you think I am
You're missing something else.
I want a gentle lover 'cause
I am so gentle with myself.
Someone who understands my heart
And leaves nothing left withheld.
I want a heart that burns white hot
Dances fire and fire with myself.
An ember blazing in the dark
That just will not be dispelled.
I want soft lips to match the way
Soft words echo from myself.
Words so deep and true and honest
Any doubts are chased with stealth.
But most of all I want someone to realize
The dreams I have for my future self.
To grasp my hand and run through time
Chase those stories, grasp those fairy tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!