09 June, 2015

worth something

There's something I must confess:
my heart is too big for my chest.
Constantly, it overflows and
traps me in it's undertow.
A rush, a fluster, pulls me down;
sometimes makes me think I'll drown,
leaves me gasping, reaching out,
for something stable, safe, and sound.
How can this all just be contained?
It's not that easy, staying sane
among the blurred and faded lines
that move along with pass of time.
A happy chord, a note is struck,
brightens the soul and lifts me up.
And still, ascension is intense;
much stronger than any recompense
that could be offered for the pain
my heart endures on frightful days.
The deepest crevice lightens up!
Warmth and laughter fill my cup.
They dare to pull me to the sky;
lost in the wind like a severed kite,
within the glow that somehow sings,
and makes the cycle worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!