04 September, 2015

Stewing

Sometimes I don't know why
I feel as empty as I do
All the people whom I love
Slowly vanish while I stew

My mind inside feels hollow
Frozen eyes deep sunken holes
My ears are stuffed with cotton
Broken, fractured, is my skull

Tears rain down, so dormant
Barely dare to leave a mark
Endless darkness grips and reaches
Begging warmth from fire's spark

Silence rings fatally loud
The echo of a death is heard
There dances in the shadows now
A sullen beast, a hand with sword

Whispers grow, old voices rise
Unheard words destroy all quiet
Screeching mouths, filled with doubt
Slurs initiate a riot

The banging clanging crowd turns mob
What peace was left now gone
Destruction seekers stomp and crush
Any semblance of a god

A confrontation breaks apart
The rough and rowdy fight
Directly from the center bursts
An angry glowing light

Righteousness and justice shine
Against guilty faces hid with hand
The only thing these scoundrels hear
Is death's ultimate command

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!