19 October, 2015

Sadness


like clockwork, here it comes again
hello there, Sadness, my old friend
I've tried to ditch you in the past
but time and again you come on back
to torment me with heavy heart
to slowly rip my world apart
I'm certain now you're a disease
one that I can merely treat
each time I try to vanquish you
for a time I can find solitude
but soon again I cross your path
and Sadness, you disturb my grasp
on reality, which fades away
leaves me feeling so afraid
that I'll lose my tenuous hold
on what is left of my blurry world
I sink on down into the deep
forgetting what it is to breathe
and blind, I struggle for an edge
a crag to place my foot against
time stands still while I search
sure that I will not emerge
unharmed, unbroken, or alive
with anything for which to strive
and so I'll leave me for the wolves
alone while Sadness pounds my skull

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!