21 January, 2012

The Beginning of a Blog Fiction

I am feeling bored, and my mind is restless, so I'm going to continue writing.  I'm still very curious about blog fiction, and I think I might give this a try.  For those who don't know, blog fiction is the concept of writing a blog from the perspective of a fictional character.  You can choose a favorite character already in existence, or you can create a whole world of your own if you so choose.  It seems to be a pretty new idea, or maybe just has a very small following. 

My blog is a little different than a traditional blog fiction because I don't dedicate every post in this blog to that specific task.  I will make sure to title all of my posts under my ongoing blog fiction the same so that it's easy to find them.

After the first step of coming up with a rough storyline, I need to come up with some characters to fit that storyline.  I've seen some blog fictions where the character bio is listed on the blog, but I don't think I like that idea.  I want to show you this character through the process of writing.  You would never see a character bio in a novel with age, height, gender, and all of those stats.  If this goes far enough, I may create a sort of glossary, but nothing extreme.

I have seen blog fictions written from first person, in diary format.  I have also seen some written from third person.  I think this may be difficult for me at first, but I will write it in first person.  It seems right to me that since this is a "web-log," I should write in that format.


And a few hours later, I have completed the main idea of my storyline and my main character.  I was hoping to get a start on my first blog fiction, but it's almost 5 AM and I need to sleep.  I'm excited to mull these ideas around in my mind and see how they come out!

Stay tuned for my next entry, it should be the beginning of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!