19 January, 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

I really wanted to kick this blog off with a welcome, so here it is!

My name is Liz, and I am a newly-wed young woman with far too much on her mind for her own good.  I live with my husband Dan, our vicious pit bull Ricky, and our fat cat, Tahiti.  That's probably about all you really need to know about me, as this blog isn't about me!  It's about me exploring my writing skills and developing new ones.

I recently made the decision to start a blog after I realized that I have a lot of issues and topics that I love discussing, but I need an audience that wants to hear those things.  I also want an audience that I can interact with, and learn things from.

While doing some research, I decided that the best way to start blogging was to choose a specific topic for my blog.  Since I have many things I want to write about, I can't possibly put it all in one place.  This blog, Out Of My Woods, is created for me to get into the blogging world and learn how to work with my blog and maximize its potential.  I love creative writing.  It helps me expand my mind and my vocabulary.  It's also a more leisurely writing experience for me, as my other blogging interests tend to be on the more serious side of things.

Right now this blog is an experiment.  I'm not quite sure the extent of what I'll post here.  Some of it will be creative writing exercises.  I'm debating writing an ongoing story as well, maybe dabbling in the genre of blog fiction.  I may just use this blog as a tool to open my mind when I'm feeling blocked.  I'm also hoping that this blog will help me bring the creative side of me that I've lost touch with.  Maybe I'll even start drawing again, if I become inspired enough.

It's very important to me that anyone who reads this blog feels welcome to comment on my posts.  I need to hear compliments and criticism, so feel free to dish it.  It will only help me grow!

Whatever happens with this blog, I'm going to enjoy the ride.  So sit back and join me for it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!