09 July, 2014

A Yearning

I woke up late last night,
Not knowing where I was.
My heart beat hard with fright,
And my head was full of fuzz.

I felt something was missing,
What it could be I did not know.
In my head there was a whisper,
At my side an evanescent glow.

Above me shone a sea of stars,
Deep in which I knew I'd find,
Something that would grasp my heart,
And titillate my mind.

I searched hard for an answer,
All throughout the night.
But the only thing that came was fear,
And a yearning for the light.

At once I woke up from my dream,
But the feeling had not left.
All I wanted was to scream -
I didn't even have a guess.

For a moment all that came were tears,
Then suddenly I knew:
In my dreams I have to face my fears,
To make my way to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!