12 September, 2014

Independent

Is there someone who will let me be free?
I'm so afraid no one can handle me.
I want to love and live my life,
Without a magnet at my side.

Is there someone who can understand,
That I don't want a "traditional" man,
To break me down and make me cry -
I want someone who can help me rise.

Is there someone who can challenge me?
Someone smart, gentle with intensity.
I need a spark to light my flame
Please believe me, this is no game.

Is there someone who gets my love,
Who can see that all I want is trust?
Will you tell me everything,
Without me having to pull your strings?

Is there someone who can handle me?
I repeat: All I want is to be free.
I'm independent, that's for sure,
A quality for which there is no cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!