11 September, 2014

Poisoned Darts

It's so fucking hard to look at you -
There are so many things I miss.
There's something about the things you do.
I just want to kiss your lips.
I'm afraid that if I do that, though,
I'll break your heart again.

Why did you have to hug me?
Why did you have to stop?
I wish you would have kissed me.
I wish we could have fucked.
Sometimes I see you in my dreams -
Sometimes I feel so lost.

I hate myself when you cry,
Wish I could fix this mess.
Wish I could have you at my side,
It's too much to confess.
But you deserve the best in life...
I don't have that to invest.

You say we'll see each other soon -
I want that, oh, so bad.
But I'm afraid if I see you,
I'll want to take you to my bed,
Fly away together to the moon -
Can we stop being so sad?

I know it's a lot to ask,
But I want you by my side.
Wish we could have each other's back,
Have fun on this ride called life.
I'm so sorry we can't have that,
All we'd do is hurt our pride.

I'm sorry that I hurt you,
It's the last thing that I want.
I really hate to see you blue,
With dust that's on your heart.
I love you, it's the scary truth,
It's why we must stay apart.

All I do is cause you pain,
I know this sounds so harsh,
But all we'll do is wreck this train,
If we touch each other's hearts.
That's why forever we'll abstain,
From throwing poisoned darts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!