03 May, 2015

Spoons

I am so unbelievably sorry
I forgot your long spoon.
What a terrible thing
For a server to do!
Among seven tables
Holding a full 32,
I just cannot believe
I forgot your damned spoon.
Between ranches and sodas,
All the things I must do.
All the napkins and silver,
And the screaming kids, too.
Several times past your table
I made eye contact with you.
At no time did you flag me,
And ask for a spoon.
When I stopped and asked,
"What else can I do?"
The frowns and raised eyebrows;
"Where is my spoon?"
"I'm so sorry, I'll get it!"
To my station I flew.
Returned in a jiffy,
"I'm so sorry, your spoon!"
Condescending frowns again,
No response from you brutes.
And then, when you cashed out,
The things left were two:
Exact change plus a penny.
You can choke on your spoon.

Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and criticism!